WHO WE ARE
GBCC serves the WNY community by providing quality, affordable, person-centered counseling and referral services for individuals and couples experiencing stress and/or life changes. Counselors are trained and supervised in a dynamic and caring environment by licensed mental health professionals
Despite its plural name, GBCC is actually a single non-profit counseling center located in donated space at the University Presbyterian Church across the street from UB’s South Campus.
- A warm and comfortable sanctuary where our volunteer counselors use their skills and compassion to assist clients who are struggling with family difficulties or suffering from loss or loneliness..
- A place where those in need of low-cost (or no cost) mental health services are able to find quality care and the helping hand they need. No one is ever turned away.
- A special center that offers support at a cost far lower than most – even lower than most insurance co-pays.
- A helpful, real-world training ground for tomorrow’s best and brightest mental-health professionals.
- A great way for retirees or those who just want to give back to their community to get involved, either as a volunteer counselor or as a board member.
- A long-time positive force in the region, having existed for more than 45 years and having helped thousands of WNYers get the assistance they needed.
- A proud member of the Erie County Mental Health Association.
More information about GBCC can be found on this website or even in this
article that appeared in After 50 magazine recently.